At Mulberry Bush, we respect your privacy. We only use the information we collect about you carefully, lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information we hold for legitimate interests:
- If you have shopped with us we will retain your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number and email address. We also retain a record of your purchase history.
- We do not retain or hold credit/debit card processing details and only process card payments directly with our bank through encrypted methods.
- If you have requested a catalogue we hold your name & address, and telephone number & email address (if provided).
- Our website, www.mulberrybush.co.uk includes an SSL Certificate and is PCI Compliant to ensure security of customers’ personal information.
- We will hold your data indefinitely unless you contact us specifically and request your data is deleted. For further details please see our Customer Deletion policy at the bottom of this page.
Information we use for legitimate interests:
- We use the information we hold on your records for order fulfilment or other operational purposes, for example processing your order, dealing with queries, tracking deliveries, reviewing past purchases, fraud checks & processing payments.
- Your telephone number is essential to us and allows us to ‘phone you in the event of a query or problem with your order. Our payment system also requires a telephone number for credit card sales. As such we reserve the right not to accept an order where a valid telephone number is not provided. Note that we never pass telephone numbers to any other parties, except our delivery couriers (which is solely to keep you informed about your delivery).
- Your order history enables us to validate your purchase guarantee.
- To assist fulfilling your order we may share your name, address, phone number, email address with our suppliers, such as our couriers. Data supplied will be shared using the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standard.
- Any successor to Mulberry Bush Ltd may use your information on the same basis.
Information we hold for marketing purposes:
- We hold your name, address, telephone number, email address and purchase history for marketing purposes.
- If you have subscribed to receive our email newsletters we will hold your name and email address. To unsubscribe from our email mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link which is at the bottom of every marketing email and you will be opted out of all email marketing communications. Alternatively, please log in to your account (if you have an account) and change your preferences, or email email@example.com with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject field. If you prefer to write to us instead, please use the following address: Mulberry Bush Ltd., Unit 9 Bramble Hill Farm, Five Oaks Rd., Slinfold, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0RL
- We may also collect information about your use of our website e.g. the URL you came from and the way in which you navigate the site, Cookie ID, IP address.
Information we use for marketing purposes:
- We use your purchase history to tailor our product range and marketing information (e.g. promotions and special offers) to your requirements. Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as "profiling". If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please call on 01403 790796, write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All the information we hold is used to improve your customer experience and ensure all our marketing communications (eg email, catalogue & digital ads) are relevant and timely for our customers. We will share your information with suppliers to produce and execute marketing campaigns.
- We occasionally make our postal mailing list available to carefully selected companies, charities & third parties whose offers and offerings we think may interest you. Retailers with whom we may share this information are typically active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods or home interiors categories. We will only do this when we believe it is in our mutual legitimate interest to do so. If you do not want your information to be made available, please contact us at email@example.com or call 01403 790796 to update your preferences. If sending an order to us by post you may instead tick the appropriate box(es) on the paper order form.
- Email data may be made available to selected third parties, purely for these third parties to assist us with targeting and remarketing for Mulberry Bush, making sure we provide accurate, timely, relevant and non-invasive communications. Data is shared using either encryption methods or using a secure FTP.
- Neither Mulberry Bush Ltd nor our third parties will ever sell your email data and it will only be in possession of these third parties in relation to the provision of the services provided to us.
- Name, address, email address & purchase history is shared with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
- Mulberry Bush and third parties will hold all data securely, taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard such data.
- For quality control and training purposes, calls and emails may be monitored.
- Any successor to Mulberry Bush Ltd may use your information on the same basis.
You have right to access any personal information you have supplied to us. In accordance with Data Protection Act 1998, for your protection, we may ask for proof of your identity before allowing access to your personal information
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 01403 790796, write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to stop all unsolicited postal communications, we suggest that you register with the Mailing Preference Service (MPS). MPS is a free service set up in 1983 and funded by the direct mail industry to enable consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the industry. It is actively supported by the Royal Mail and all directly involved trade associations and fully supported by The Information Commissioners Office (ICO). For more information or if you wish to register with the MPS please visit their website www.mpsonline.org.uk
A cookie is a small file that's stored on your computer by a website to remember certain information. Cookies can be used for many purposes, some of which are essential to the way our website works.
Cookies cannot read information stored on the hard drive of your computer. They cannot be used to spread viruses, cannot access your email address and will only transfer data which you have disclosed to the website.
To be able to place an order on this website you will need to have cookies enabled – which, because it is the standard setting in most web browsers, should require no action on your part. If you have disabled cookies then our website will work perfectly well for browsing and choosing products but you will not be able to order from us online. We are always happy to take orders over the ‘phone if you prefer.
- To allow you to log in, add products to your basket and check out.
- To allow you to log in and access your account information (including order history).
- To allow you to display your previously viewed products, so you can easily find them again.
- To help with fraud detection & prevention.
- To track customer behaviour on the site, such as the pages you visited and where you left our site. This helps us to improve our website and your browsing experience. This information isn’t linked to any of your personal details and doesn’t let us identify you. It may help us create personal product recommendations on our website and in marketing emails.
You have the right to request your account and associated data be Deleted completely by Mulberry Bush and associated third parties. If you do decide to exercise this right please be aware that all purchase history will be deleted and therefore it may invalidate guarantees for any products purchased. Please note that it will also be impossible for us to guarantee we that we do not mail you again – therefore it is possible that we will still mail you. This is because occasionally we purchase data from third parties and if we do not hold your details we cannot suppress your address against those files.
Alternatively we are able to mark your account as Opted Out from marketing information (eg our catalogue). This means we would not delete your account but we would be able to ensure that neither we nor any related third parties mailed you any marketing information. We can also more easily validate your product guarantees.
If you wish to Opt Out from marketing information you can do so by phoning us on 01403 790796 or by emailing us at email@example.com (please include “Opt Out” in the email title and include your name and address in the email)
If you wish for your account to be Deleted please either ‘phone us on 01403 790796 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Delete My Account” in the email title and include your name and address in the email)